Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: So close but....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member allthingsag's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    My dh and I took my 18 year old dgd to NY yesterday. We went to the Top of The Rock. It was terrific...but the lines.... Across the street is AGPNY. I begged my husband to let us go. He finally said ok ( he did not want to go). When we got there the lines to get in were so long he said NO! I saw Jess thropugh the glasss doors. I was so close but.... I will have to go in after the holidays without him.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh- so close, but yet so far away. Hopefully this will just make you look forward to your future visit even more!

    Jo

  3. #3
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Oh shoot! It probably would have been disappointing, anyway. Going in there when it's so busy, and also having someone with who doesn't want to be there....you know what I'm saying.

    I went to AGPC last Feb., but we had my young nieces with, and they were a handful. Add that to the fact that the place was horribly crowded, and it just wasn't as fun as I had hoped. I still enjoyed myself, but I'm trying to figure out a way to go by myself, or with one or two other adults that won't rush me.

    I hope you get to go back in, without your DH, and have a wonderful time!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member momof3kce's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My DDs and I went to AGPNY yesterday. The line was very long... but it only took about 10 minutes to make it to the front. Once inside, it was very crowded. I'd say the least enjoyable place was the historical section because that's where the most people were. The displays are beautiful though! I think going during "off" times is so much better.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh how disappointing! Did you get close enough to really enjoy the outside window display at least?

    I agree with others that a crowded store is difficult to really enjoy. The only time I've ever been to AGP was during an Addy event so it was very crowded. I didn't feel at leasure to really look at displays. I'm sure the crowds made the store seem more overwhelming than it really was. I can't imagine how packed it is now, especially after Christmas when lots of girls have holiday money to spend.

    Will the store still be decked out for Christmas after New Years Day? Do they change the displays overnight? I hope you get back there soon. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Julia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •